Niketown wasn't expecting such a huge turn out, but they seemed to handle it well. It started with a sign in table and the chance to enter into a post-run raffle. (Nike bags, $50 & $100 gift cards and a Nike watch). The course was a simple out and back along the Embarcadero through the Wharf and to Van Ness. Afterwards they had Starbucks and Bare Naked (Trail Mix) donate refreshments along with having bagels, fruit and water available. Every runner was given a T-shirt (although sizes and colors were slim at the end) along with a discount on a future in-store purchase, a jumbo runner's certificate, stickers (inPODnito) for your iPod in all sizes commemorating the 2008 Human Race and a Free download off iTunes for a 30 min. Treadmill workout. Gotta love the schwag!
Special Offer: Because this weekend was about Racing the World for charity, I'd like to do my part — I was lucky enough to score some extra offers for a Free download at iTunes: a 30-min coached workout featuring music by Kid Sister, Santgold & Brett Dennen. Here's how you can get one: If you ran this past weekend 10k (6.2 mi.) or further, leave a comment telling how far you ran and I'll send you a coupon code for the Free Download (available to the first 20 runners).
Instructions on leaving a comment:
- Click the link below that says "Comments."
- In the empty box on the right, tell us how far you ran, where you ran and any info you'd like to share with the world.
- Select the option "Name/URL" under identity .
- Fill in the name portion with something so that I know who to send the offer to. Extra cool points if you add a funny moniker such as "Fast Runner Eddie!"
- If you have a website or blog, you can list it in the URL section as a link.
- It may ask you to fill in some funky letters to make sure you aren't a robot - then you can preview and submit.
- It won't post right away, but it will send me an email to review and if you didn't write anything inappropriate, I can post it.
...and that's it. If I have your email, then I will send you the Download code. If I don't, please email me at email@example.com