12.14.2008

New Intervals - A Success

This past Saturday was our running groups 2nd crack (my first) at running 9:1 intervals. We started at the top of Golden Gate park and did and out and back to the cliff-house. The first half started off well and having run the park many, many times, I knew that we were starting off downhill and coming back slightly up hill. With tongue in cheek, i though to myself: "Stay strong, don't over due it and be prepared for the (slight) uphill coming back for the last 4 miles."

Around mile 6 (as predicted in the last post) I could feel my legs begin to get tired as they were adapting to the new intervals. Again, knowing the route played to my advantage and once we ran by the De Young Museum, I knew we were on the home stretch. Overall, I felt great, and think that the new intervals are going to improve my running style.

This morning, I did some Yoga (on the Wii Fit) to get in a good morning stretch and headed off to the gym. I'm hoping that 2009 is going to be a great year and I'm not waiting until January 1st to get my butt into gear. Any plans for 2009? Share them in the comments section.

No comments: