6.06.2009

Hit the Road Jack 10k Playlist

Guess what I did today? I emptied my iPod shuffle. That's right. I decided to load it only with songs that provoke my legs to run faster. It went from 6 hours of music to over an hour.

Of course it will have songs added to it fairly soon, but I figured if I plan on running my heart out tomorrow at the Hit the Road Jack 10k, I better have some tunes to get feet moving. Since I am shooting for around 52 mins. (which is around 9 min. miles) then I really don't need very many songs on there. Although, according to all of you on facebook, I need to haul ass and finish under 50 mins. I'll do my best, — but that would put me at under 8 min. miles. Will my playlist bring that to fruition?

Here are my "must run faster" songs:

No One - Alicia Keys
Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it) - Beyonce
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Universal Mind Control - Common
Get Buck in Here - DJ Felli Fel
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Tambourine - Eve
Echo - Gorilla Zoe
I Want You Back - Jackson 5
Blame It - Jamie Foxx
Champion - Kanye West
Heartless - Kanye West
Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Here It Goes Again - OK Go
So What - Pink
Sober - Pink
Fuego - Pitbull
Sexy Can I - Ray J
Nessaja - Scooter (for my Florida Speeters)
Bring Em Out - T.I.
The Way I Are - Timbaland
Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
Untouched - The Veronicas
Shake - Ying Yang Twins

That puts total play time at 1.6 hours, which is over my limit, but sometimes a song that you think is going to get you going (or normally does) just doesn't work at times; so I loaded it with some extras so I can skip forward if I'm not feeling it.

Alright, there it is. I'll try my best to make you all proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Play list sounds great! Did it work? What was your finish time? Hope you reached your goal we know you can do it but just setting yourself goals!