9.23.2009

An Easy 10 with Hannah Davis

Since I'm not able to run an easy 10 miles with most of you, I figured the next best way to get to know you is with an easy 10 questions. Here is the first of (hopefully) many short interviews.

Name: Hannah Davis
Location: San Francisco, CA
Race History:
10k: 3 (Peachtree Road Race, Atlanta, GA.)
Half Marathon: 5 (2 in Carlsbad, CA and 3 in San Francisco, CA)


I started running... for REAL when I moved to San Francisco! It is SO beautiful, and the weather is always perfect for running! Also, seeing all the other runners really inspired me to want to get out and try it too!
 
When I'm not running... I am working in the emergency room as an RN. I love my job 99.9% of the time! When I'm not working OR running... I'm probably at The Grove drinking a latte. :)

One time when I was on a long run... I was in the Presidio and ran right under a tree branch. A huge owl hooted directly above my head, then flapped its way into the sky. Definitely got my adrenaline pumping! Scared me to death, and I'm sure I leaped a few feet in the air myself!


I choose to run without... sleeves — almost always. Even when it is blustery, I like to be cool. Really don't like to sweat.

The question I am asked most about running is... "But doesn't it hurt your knees?? How far do you go?"

After an event or tough run, I... feel just fine about whining about my sore body for a couple of days! I will totally pamper myself too.... massage, latte, mani/pedi... eat whatEVER!

Running is... so therapeutic. I LOVE IT! Makes me feel proud and look muscular. It also helps get out aggression in a healthy way and gives me time to sort out my thoughts.

When I'm on the road... I try to breathe deeply (love the smell of the eucalyptus), and I definitely take time to fully enjoy the scenery. Makes me thankful to be alive and healthy.


I wish other runners would... smile and nod, if not wave, when they run by. Makes you feel like you're all in this together.

If I could run 3-miles with someone famous, it would be... Well, he's not famous -but I'd rather run 3 miles with my very own Dad than with anybody else, famous or not!

* * * * * * * * *

Thank you Hannah. If I ever see you on the road, I'll be sure to throw a wave your way.

If you'd like to be a part of "An Easy 10 with..." please email me at pavementrunner@gmail.com.

No comments: