11.09.2009

Back in the Saddle... or in the shoes


With a month to go before my last marathon of 2009 and after two weeks on vacation, it was Back in the Saddle Again with a 15 mile jaunt to "ease" back into it.

15 was an aggressive return considering mile 13 would be my longest run in 3 weeks. It was a tiring experience to be in the road for 2.5 hours even though 15 would typically be a semi-easy distance during my typical training schedule. But I had to throw myself back into it with little time to build back up to marathon distance.

I'll be looking to break near 4:30 which would be 15 min. off my PR of 4:45. It will be the CIM in Sacramento Dec. 6. Our training group will be sending two 4-people relay teams and (as far as I know) 5 people running the full. So it will be a packed house which should add needed motivation and incentive to "bring what I got."

Training Schedule looks like:

Nov. 12 - 18-19
Nov. 19 - 22
Nov. 26 - 13
Dec. 6 - Race


With mid-weekly maintenance runs of 5 miles and speed training worked in with track work and tempo runs. 

So there it is. Out in the open which means I have to commit to it. I'm looking for success at CIM and hopefully using it as a great way to end my 2009 event schedule. This year has been phenomenal for me and would love to end my full distance events on a positive note.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I admire your dedication and enthusiasm you put into running. Good luck on your last marathon for 2009! May you break your PR and looking forward to 2010!