1.29.2009

My Playlist

The ever important playlist. Something we runners love to discuss. With a half marathon a few days away, these are the songs I have chosen to keep me on pace. It is comprised of mostly rock and hip hop, but I sneak in some easy listening here and there. It's funny, but sometimes I run faster when a slow song is playing. It makes me imagine a high-speed action scene being played in slow motion. Ah, forget it, you don't care why I pick the songs, you just want to see my list... well, here it is:

In alphabetical order by artist:

Edge Of The Earth - 30 Seconds To Mars
Fallen - 30 Seconds To Mars
Back in Black - AC DC
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
No One - Alicia Keys
Hey Now - Augustana
Hate Me - Blue October
Evacuate - The Boxer Rebellion
Viva la Vida - Coldplay
Universal Mind Control - Common
Announcement - Common
Stolen (Single Version) - Dashboard Confessional
The Next Episode - Dr. Dre
Never Enough - Eminem
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Tambourine - Eve
Clumsy - Fergie
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
My Life - The Game
Too Much - The Game
Love Remains the Same - Gavin Rossdale
Sweet Child O Mine - Guns N Roses
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N Roses
You Never Know – Hieroglyphics
At the Helm - Hieroglyphics
Lust for Life - Iggy Pop
I Want You Back - The Jackson 5
Green Light - John Legend
Sexy Back - Justin Timberlake
My Love - Justin Timberlake
Champion - Kanye West
Stronger - Kanye West
Heartless - Kanye West
Paranoid - Kanye West
RoboCop - Kanye West
Flashing Lights - Kanye West
Good Life - Kanye West
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
Y'all Want a Single - Korn
Falling Away from Me - Korn
Freak On a Leash - Korn
Cosa vuoi che sia - Ligabue
A Milli - Lil Wayne
Lollipop - Lil Wayne
Got Money - Lil Wayne
Shadow Of The Day - Linkin Park
Hands Held High - Linkin Park
Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
Nothin' - N.O.R.E.
Grimey - N.O.R.E.
Rock Star - N*E*R*D
Lapdance - N*E*R*D
Here It Goes Again - OK Go
Apologize - OneRepublic
Get Up/Levantate – Pitbull
Go Girl - Pitbull
Fuego - Pitbull
Midnight - Pitbull
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
Sexy Can I - Ray J
Snake Devil - Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Breathe Me - Sia
Bartender - T-Pain
Can't Believe It - T-Pain
Whatever You Like - T.I.
Swing Ya Rag - T.I.
Swagga Like Us - T.I.
Bring Em Out - T.I.
Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
Free Fallin - Tom Petty
Get Free - The Vines
Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
Black Math - The White Stripes
The Hardest Button To Button - The White Stripes
Icky Thump - The White Stripes

And there you have it... as you know it is an ever-changing list, but I did highlight the songs that really get me going when I need it. It is a fairly lengthy playlist that suits me for long and short runs. I keep it on shuffle and often skip through several songs if it doesn't suit my tempo at a given point (hence the length) however, I may trim some more songs down before this weekend to keep it to the best of the best, but there is the playlist as it stands now. 

Let me know what you think and of course, I am open to suggestions so fire away.

No comments: