11.26.2009

Turkey Trot


This year I will be competing in my very first Turkey Trot... and it is in my very own city's backyard. How close you might ask? Well I need to be there at 7:30 and will leave the house at 7:15. Yes, it is that close.

I registered Monday after a fellow running friend was telling me about it on last Saturday. It sounded like fun and I was thinking about finding a local Turkey Trot to participate in, so it worked out perfectly. Unfortunately, with my full marathon less than 2 weeks away, I wont be setting any land speed records and will be running and a semi-medium pace. My ideal 10k race pace would be 8 to sub 8 min miles. My ideal marathon pace is 10 min miles, so for this 10k race I will look to cruise at 9 to 9:30 min miles. If I can finish in under an hour, that would be great. The last thing I want to do is injure myself 12 days before a marathon where I will try to PR.

Event: 17th Annual Walnut Creek Sports & Fitness Turkey Trot
Distance: 5K, 10K and Kids' Fun Run
Beneficiary: the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and good luck to all you Turkey Trot-ers out there. Trot Strong!

No comments: