4.02.2010

Are You In?


This is the first year that I threw my name in the hat for the ING NYC Marathon. I had always contemplated doing it in previous years, but wanted to improve my marathon time before I entered one of the most well known races in the US... dare I say the world. I felt this year that I was reaching (have not reached it yet) a point where I felt confident that I "deserved" to be a part of this race based on my personal expectations of my performance. I entered under the 4 hour and 20 min. estimated finish time, which means if I get in, I'll have seven months to shave off at least 10 minutes. That's a challenge I am willing to tackle.



This year the NYRR, or the New York Road Runners , are launching a live broadcast that can be watched from any computer on April 7. At noon, on Wednesday, the drawing for the 2010 lottery will take place and eight entrants will win VIP prizes.



“With a record number of applicants, the anticipation as to who’s in is intense as we head to lottery day and the launch of our 2010 marathon season,” said Wittenberg. “Lottery day will be a lucky day for those runners accepted, and it is commitment day for two of the world’s best athletes and for thousands of runners around the globe. With seven months to go until race day, ‘we’re in’ at NYRR and looking forward to celebrating with everyone on lottery day who can cheer, ‘I’m in!’


The 15-minute program is sure to be one of the most watched videos that day... I'll be watching, will you?


3 comments:

kara said...

What a great race to run! And you've given yourself plenty of time to train.
Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the lottery...you've trained and deserve a chance. I will be watching on April 7 to see your lucky name drawn!

@NordicMoxie said...

I can't wait for the lottery! I take it they will e-mail us if our names are drawn. This part seems unclear. Hoping you and I make the draw! How cool would that be? Good luck!