7.25.2009

Cinco


Three months ago (almost to the day) I was getting ready for my fourth Full Marathon - and now I am getting ready for what has proven to be a difficult course for me (The San Francisco Full). The first time I ran it in 2007, I was recovering from a severely sprained ankle and just managed to finish the 26.2. In 2008, I was dealing with IT band issues and managed to run the course well enough, but obviously not within reach of my personal goals.

This year, I am 100% healthy and it is an interesting situation: I am running faster than I ever have before and feel like I am at a point in running fitness that I have not previously reached. I am definitely not at my peak, but my best form to date. I know this course front-wards and backwards, it's in my backyard and I have zero excuses not to PR.

So, let's do it: My current PR is 4:52:56 and my goal is to shoot for 4:30. Yes, that is a drastic improvement, but that's what we do: we challenge ourselves. We go out and see what we can accomplish. It's a realistic goal that given the right circumstances I could finish well under 4:30. But at the same time, I can finish well over it. Only time will tell.

This is post No. 99 — which means post No. 100 will be the race results. I'll have to come up with something special for such an occasion. Until then, cheers.

2 comments:

kara said...

Good luck on your race. Looking forward to reading all about it.
: )

Stephanie said...

Good luck! I can't wait to read about your expereince & results!!